Marantz SR8012 Dolby Atmos 11.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
Experience the peak of Marantz AV expertise in the new flagship SR8012 – the first-ever 11.2-channel Marantz receiver that raises the bar for home theater. Envelop yourself in thrilling and immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D, the latest codecs able to drive overhead speakers for a true 3D sound experience. The receiver's 11 high-quality amplifier stages enhance audio performance via carefully selected high-grade audio components including Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, used in Current Feedback topology. These pass the signal to the power stages, each providing 205W of pure Marantz power and finesse to drive a full 7.1.4-channel home cinema setup without the need for additional external amplifiers. And the SR8012 uses advanced Marantz sound-tuning throughout, drawing in features from the company's Reference two-channel models, including a copper chassis and an oversized, shielded toroidal transformer built to Marantz specification - plus high-current main power supply capacitors also made to the Marantz engineers' exacting standards.With built-in HEOS technology, the SR8012 becomes a part of a HEOS wireless multi-room music network, enabling you to enjoy your favorite music anywhere around your home. Explore, browse, and play music from your music library, online streaming music services, or thousands of internet radio stations, using the free HEOS app.
- 11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
- Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
- eARC supports the most advanced audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs – eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update
- HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
- Improved network stability especially in crowded homes – Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology – Integrated with other HEOS devices for whole-house entertainment
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources – AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and more
- High Resolution audio streaming with gapless playback – DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation – Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems
The ultimate in Marantz Build and Sound Quality
With unparalleled Marantz performance, the new top-of-the-line SR8012 AV receiver is made for those wanting the ultimate audio and video experience. Its symmetrical, monolithic amplifier design gives it 11 identical amplifier channels, each delivering 205W per channel, for seamless surround sound integration. The design also brings to the Marantz AV receiver line a large toroidal transformer, mounted centrally for mechanical balance, a copper plated chassis, selected audio components throughout and high-grade speaker terminals. The SR8012 opens a new chapter in the illustrious history of Marantz AV receivers.
Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
Along with eight HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel for quick connection, the SR8012 has an advanced video section supporting the latest HDMI specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020. Dolby Vision pass-through support is available on every input, with pass-through for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), a new broadcast HDR format, to be supported via a future firmware update. HDCP 2.2 compatibility for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content means the SR8012 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads. Its video processor can transcode and upconvert analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources. Three HDMI outputs are provided - two for the main zone, so you can run a TV and projector in parallel, and one for a second zone.
Get the most premium at-home entertainment experience with IMAX Enhanced—the latest technology program from IMAX that sets a new standard for image, sound, scale and content quality. Watch clearer pictures and brighter images. Feel immersive, heart-pounding audio delivered by DTS. See more picture on the largest screens. And experience premium content digitally remastered by IMAX.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favorite movies.
Putting you in a cocoon of life-like sound. Auro-3D® elevates the home theater experience to amazing new levels by delivering the excitement of three-dimensional sound for music, games, broadcast, and films while enhancing your existing audio-visual collection, thanks to Auromatic up-mixing engine.
HEOS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and AirPlay 2 Capability
Dual antenna system lets you stream the most popular music services via Bluetooth, AirPlay or the HEOS app. Listen to your playlists on Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer and more.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the SR6013 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out disruptive jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level, and Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, without disturbing neighbors or people in other rooms of your home. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup for deeper bass with improved definition. Plus, the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app lets you view and adjust settings for detailed tuning and customize the sound more precisely to your room and taste.
Watch a movie in one room while another family member listens to a CD in a different zone without interruption. Enjoy 7.1-channel surround sound in the main room and a separate source or music stream in another. Connect a pair of stereo speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
|No. Of Power Amps||11|
|No. Of Channels||11.1|
|Speaker Impedence||4-16 ohms|
|Power Supply||AC 230 V, 50 Hz|
|Power Consumption||780 W|
|Power Consumption No-Sound||65W (ECO on), 110W (ECO off)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||440 x 460 x 185 mm|